Assessment, Accountability and Student Information
Alaska and Smarter Balanced Assessment Consortium
Alaska joined the Smarter Balanced Assessment Consortium as an Advisory State on April 22, 2013. Smarter Balanced is a multistate consortium working collaboratively to develop a student assessment system aligned with comprable academic content standards for English language arts/literacy and mathematics. Smarter Balanced assessments are designed to measure student progress toward college and career readiness.
This website will be updated on a regular basis in order to provide Alaska school districts and communities with continued support. Please bookmark this website and check back often.
- EED News Release - Alaska Joins Multi-State Assessment Consortium - pdf
- Smarter Balanced Assessment Consortium Website
- Smarter Balanced News Release
- Computer Adaptive Testing
- Practice Test
- Sample Items and Performance Tasks
- Timeline (coming soon)
- Technology Readiness Calculator - Allows schools and districts to estimate the number of days and associated network bandwidth required to complete Smarter Balanced Assessments given the number of students, number of computers, and number of hours per day computers are available for testing at the site.
- Technology Readiness Tool (TRT) - School and districts submit information on key readiness indicators, such as number and type of computers and devices, ratio of devices to test-takers, local network and bandwidth infrastructure, and local staff resources.
- Technology Requirements
- Technology Strategy Framework and System Requirements Specifications - pdf
- Hardware & Operating Systems Infographic - pdf
- Smarter Balance Bandwidth Checker - pdf
- Internet Broadband Speed Tests